Shopping & Food
Florence streets are lively at any time of the day and night. The city center offers a wide range of typical Tuscan ‘Osterie’ but also trendy lounges. If you are more up for a long night out, you can pick the best place from a rich selection of buzzing discos and pubs or romantic wine bars.
Via Tornabuoni, Via de’ Cerretani and Via Roma– all within 5-minutes walks from Hotel Orto de’ Medici – are only some of the streets where you can find the most glamorous boutiques of Italian and International fashion brands. Only few steps away from here, San Lorenzo’s market exhibits Florentine best leather handicraft items.
Outlets and markets
The most beautiful Italian fashion boutiques are located around the town center. There, you can also find some lovely, typical markets, ideal to buy a gift such as leather bags, antiques or clothing articles at convenient prices. If you are after luxury items at discounted prices, we would recommend a visit to the big fashion outlets, located just a short drive from Florence.
Here is the list of the best shopping centers in Florence and surroundings:
- Outlet The Mall Gucci, Valentino, Armani, Yves Saint Laurent, Tod's, Sergio Rossi, Salvatore Ferragamo, Ermenegildo Zegna, Loro Piana, Bottega Veneta, Emanuel Ungaro – Leccio Reggello, you can go there by car or by coach
- Cascine Market Situated in the beautiful Cascine Park – Open on Tuesday from 7.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. This market offers all sort of products: fruits, vegetables, household appliances, clothing articles, shoes, phone cards and many other items.
- Fortezza Antiquaria – Antique Market Garden Fortezza da Basso – 3rd Saturday and Sunday of the month
- Prada Space Outlet di Prada, Miu Miu, Elmut Lang – in località Montevarchi, si può raggiungere in auto o in treno.
- Mercato di San Lorenzo and Central Market Clothing, leather articles, souvenirs. – Closed on Sundays and Mondays The indoor part with the Central Market, is the best place for food articles.
- Mercato del Porcellino Piazza del Mercato Nuovo, every day with the exception of Sundays and Monday mornings, the market exhibits articles in Florence straw, hand-made embroidery, flowers, gift and fancy goods.
- Mercato delle Pulci – Antique Market Piazza dei Ciompi – Open every day from 9.00 a.m. to 7.30 p.m.
Restaurants, ‘Osterie’, ‘Pizzerie’ can be found everywhere in the centre of Florence and your only difficulty will be picking one among such a great selection! To make you discover the true Tuscan taste, we are happy to recommend some restaurants from our personal selection:
- Accademia ***** Delicious food in a really friendly environment Piazza San Marco, 7 (35,00 €)
- La cucina del Garga **** Welcoming restaurant, very good food Via San Zanobi, 33 (40,00 €)
- La Giostra ***** Excellent cooking choice and an intimate atmosphere Borgo Pinti, 12 r (55,00 €)
- Il Latini **** The best Florentine beef steak in town Via dei Palchetti, 6 r (40,00 €)
- Osteria Pepò **** Small Osteria with excellent food choice Via Rosina 4/6 r (40,00 €)
- Couquinarius *** Very good dinner, extremely well-kept place Via delle Oche, 15 r (20,00 €)
- Fuor d'acqua ***** The best fish restaurant in Florence and a luxury, intimate atmosphere Via Pisana, 37 r (70,00 €)